Lightweight & Trekking Tents
At Berger Camping you will find a large selection of camping tents for singles, couples or families, and you will also benefit from:
- well-known brands such as Outwell, Vango, Berger and Mountain Guide
- Different models such as tunnel tents, family tents and dome tents
- robust and weather-resistant material
- plenty of space and storage
- simple and quick assembly
- Low own weight between approx. 2.5 and 3.5 kg depending on model
- friendly pack size for easy transport
- Accessories such as all-purpose tarpaulins, tent rugs or awnings
What distinguishes trekking tents?
A trekking tent is a tent for hiking, also known as a bicycle tent that is carried in a backpack and is used for trekking. Therefore, these tents have a low own weight, which is between 2.5 and 3.5 kg depending on the model. It is also a tent with a small pack size that can be folded compactly and stowed in a rucksack to save space .
At Berger Camping you will find trekking tents for singles, for 2 people or for several people. If you are planning a trip into nature with family or friends, spacious trekking tents for 4 people are especially comfortable. The large tents offer you enough space and plenty of storage space for your trekking gear.
If you are camping in the great outdoors, you need reliable protection from wind and weather. Trekking tents are therefore made of a weather-resistant and robust material that protects you from wet, wind and cold weather. In addition, the tent is made of a breathable fabric so that the heat does not accumulate too much inside on sunny days.
Tip: With the right tent accessories nothing stands in the way of your next trekking trip.
What kind of trekking tents are there?
The trekking tent is an all-rounder and is available in different versions:
- Tunnel tent If you need a lot of space and want to sleep with several people in one tent, you should go for a Tunnel tent . Tunnel tents consist of several pole arches that have to be assembled into a tunnel in just a few steps so that the tent stands stably.
- Dome tent A Dome tent has two poles that cross over the centre of the tent to provide stability . No guy ropes are necessary for this type of tent and it is therefore quite simple and uncomplicated to erect.
- Pop-Up Tent Another variant for trekking tours are so-called Pop-Up Tents, which even camping novices can set up and take down quickly . However, the packing volume of these tents is larger, so backpackers usually do not opt for this model.
Are lightweight tents for hiking also durable?
The decisive advantages of a trekking tent are the light weight and the small pack size. However, many trekking enthusiasts wonder whether the lightweight tents are as convincing in quality and durability as other camping tents.
The material of trekking tents is usually made of nylon or polyester and is therefore extremely durable and can withstand any camping weather. The manufacturers of lightweight tents for cycling tours always make sure that the outdoor tents are in no way inferior to the large models in terms of comfort and quality .
By the way: The trekking tent is perfect as a tent for motorbike trips.