To enjoy running water in your mobile home, just like at home, you need a water pump. Basically, a distinction is made between the immersion pump, which is placed in the water tank, and the pressurised water pump, which is installed outside
To enjoy running water in your mobile home, just like at home, you need a water pump. Basically, a distinction is made between the immersion pump, which is placed in the water tank, and the pressurised water pump, which is installed outside the tank.Learn more...
The immersion pumpImmersion pumps are placed directly in the water tank or water canister and can supply water to boilers, showers or instantaneous water heaters. As soon as you turn on a tap the pump is activated shortly afterwards. For an immersion pump usually 12 V fittings with an integrated microswitch are required.
In addition to the immersion pump, a dry-running protection is recommended. The electronics of this protection reacts to the rapidly increasing speed of the pump motor and the associated higher power consumption during dry-running operation. After approx. one minute the timer interrupts the power supply to the centrifugal pump and thus prevents overheating damage.
In general, the performance data of immersion pumps are in this range:
- Power consumption: 10 to 75 watts
- Pressure: 0.5 to 2.1 bar
- Water pumping: Between 10 and 25 litres per minute
- The immersion pump operates very quietly.
- As the camping water pump works inside the water tank, no further installation space is required.
- Centrifugal pumps have a very low weight, which means that you hardly add any extra weight to your mobile home.
- The camping pumps have a long service life and can be used for approximately 500 hours.
- The caravan water pump does not have to overcome suction height as it sits directly in the tank.
The pressurised water pumpPressurised water pumps are installed outside the water tank and work regardless of their position, which means that the pump works lying down, across or upright. The camping pump can be installed up to two metres above the water tank and at a distance of eight metres from it. When a tap is opened, the caravan water pump reacts to the drop in pressure in the water pipe. Any fitting can therefore be used. The diaphragm pump makes more noise than an immersion pump, but modern pumps are now very quiet.
- Since pressurised water pumps work independently of their location there are many options for installation space.
- Pressurised water pumps have a long service life.
- A diaphragm pump enables a high-quality water system in the mobile home, with water pressure similar to that at home.